Gas prices are looking a whole lot better in 2023 than they had for much of 2022. At the end of the year, drivers in the United States started to see prices return to normal, and that has continued into 2023.
We have learned some lessons though, and one of those is the value of shopping around before buying. That is a habit which should be carried through and into the new year.
Much like before the calendar changes, we’re here to help you with the quest to find the cheapest gas stations, and we’ve created this guide to the cheapest gas stations in each of the USA’s 10 major cities.
What state has the highest gas prices?
Hawaii is now the state with the highest overall average gas prices, having taken over California. The price there is currently at an average of 5.004 dollars per gallon.
What state has the lowest gas prices?
The cheapest price tends to alternate more frequently around the southern states but right now the cheapest average is in Mississippi where it is 2.885 dollars per gallon. States such as Texas, Kansas, Missouri and Louisiana as are all not much more expensive.
Where are the cheapest gas stations in the US?
When it comes to finding the cheapest gas stations in the USA, these are the lowest-priced places to get gas in the top 10 most populated cities in the country:
- New York, New York (2.74 dollars): Luckoil, 821 New Scotland Ave, Albany, NY.
- Los Angeles, California (3.77 dollars): Ds Oils, 4502 E Rosecrans Ave, Compton, CA.
- Chicago, Illinois (3.45 dollars): Marathon Gas, 2584 S Blue Island Ave, Chicago, IL.
- Houston, Texas (2.39 dollars): E-Z 7, 9905 North Houston Rosslyn Rd, Houston, TX.
- Phoenix, Arizona (2.75 dollars): Arco, 2245 E Florence Blvd, Casa Grande, AZ.
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (2.91 dollars): Costco, 650 Garden Park Blvd, Cherry Hill, NJ.
- San Antonio, Texas (2.49 dollars): Exxon, 10102 Potranco Rd, San Antonio, TX.
- San Diego, California (3.89 dollars): 7-Eleven, 8395 Otay Mesa Rd, San Diego, CA.
- Dallas, Texas (2.39 dollars): Mobil, 101 S Burleson Blvd, Burleson, TX.
- San Jose, California (3.77 dollars): ARCO, 1405 Branham Ln, San Jose, CA.