Drivers all across the United States of America have been struggling with the rising price of gas for most of 2022, but there is some good news as the price at the pumps is now starting to fall.
That said, it remains more expensive to fill up your car than it was this time last year, so it’s worth looking around for the very best price.
To help you find the cheapest places to fill up your vehicle, we’ve created this guide to the cheapest gas stations in each of the USA’s 10 major cities.
What state has the highest gas prices?
Hawaii is now the state with the highest overall average gas prices, having taken over California. The price there is currently at an average of 5.17 dollars per gallon.
What state has the lowest gas prices?
The cheapest price tends to alternate more frequently around the southern states but right now the cheapest average is in Texas where it is 2.75 dollars per gallon. States such as Georgia, Mississippi, Arkansas and Louisiana as are all not much more expensive.
Where are the cheapest gas stations in the US?
When it comes to finding the cheapest gas stations in the USA, these are the lowest-priced places to get gas in the top 10 most populated cities in the country:
- New York, New York (3.09 dollars): Gulf, 1755 Francis Lewis Blvd, Whitestone, NY.
- Los Angeles, California (3.68 dollars): Walmart, 2770 E Carson St, Lakewood, CA.
- Chicago, Illinois (3.14 dollars): Sam’s Club, 2601 S Cicero Ave, Cicero, IL.
- Houston, Texas (2.28 dollars): Valero, 7644 Gessner Dr, Houston, TX.
- Phoenix, Arizona (3.29 dollars): QuikTrip, 2836 N 27th Ave, Phoenix, AZ.
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (3.17 dollars): Lukoil, 7300 Algon Ave, Philadelphia, PA.
- San Antonio, Texas (2.34 dollars): Sam’s Club, 3239 Goliad Rd, San Antonio, TX.
- San Diego, California (3.98 dollars): MCX Marine Mart, 8650 Boyington Rd, San Diego, CA.
- Dallas, Texas (2.44 dollars): Sam’s Club, 6185 Retail Rd, Dallas, TX.
- San Jose, California (3.93 dollars): Diamond Gas & Mart, 1620 Story Rd, San Jose, CA.