Consumers across the USA have been concerned about the price of gas for most of 2022, but costs are finally starting to fall.
Even still, the cost of filling up at the pumps is still higher than it was this time last year, so it is still worth shopping around to find the best possible prices when you need to fill up.
To help you find the cheapest places to fill up your vehicle, we’ve created this guide to the cheapest gas stations in each of the USA’s 10 major cities.
What state has the highest gas prices?
Hawaii is now the state with the highest overall average gas prices, having taken over California. The price there is currently at an average of 5.19 dollars per gallon.
What state has the lowest gas prices?
The cheapest price tends to alternate more frequently around the southern states but right now the cheapest average is in Texas where it is 2.81 dollars per gallon. States such as Georgia, Mississippi, Arkansas and Louisiana as are all not much more expensive.
Where are the cheapest gas stations in the US?
When it comes to finding the cheapest gas stations in the USA, these are the lowest-priced places to get gas in the top 10 most populated cities in the country:
- New York, New York (2.99 dollars): Montauk Native Gasoline, 182 C Poospatuck Ln, Mastic, NY.
- Los Angeles, California (4.09 dollars): G&M, 1640 Crenshaw Blvd, Torrance, CA.
- Chicago, Illinois (3.73 dollars): Love’s Travel Club, 2601 S Cicero Ave, Cicero, IL.
- Houston, Texas (2.28 dollars): Check Point, 914 E NASA Pkwy, Webster, TX.
- Phoenix, Arizona (3.27 dollars): QuikTrip, 2187 E Florence Blvd, Casa Grande, AZ.
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (3.27 dollars): J&J Bustleton, 7951 Bustleton Ave, Philadelphia, PA.
- San Antonio, Texas (2.42 dollars): QuikTrip, 23953 N IH-35 Frontage Rd, Schertz, TX.
- San Diego, California (3.99 dollars): Horizon Fuel Center, 31267 Valley Center Rd, Valley Center, CA.
- Dallas, Texas (2.36 dollars): Texaco, 1433 Belt Line Rd, Mequite, TX
- San Jose, California (3.99 dollars): Central Gas, 150 Willow St, San Jose, CA.